Feb 3, 2015

A Killer Conversation – 2014 – perfectly titled flick


Actually this movie is perfectly titled. I wasn’t really aware of it when I started to watch it but I soon found out it was a deliberate pun. At least that’s my interpretation of it; I can’t really see any other possibility. The main plot is that of a burglar breaking in and capturing the resident. Soon after, his ex wife comes into the picture. Then the burglar takes the part of some sort of counselor between them. The ending is inevitable but this came a bit as a surprise.

The accent spoken in the dialog is British. I don’t know if that makes it better or not but it surely makes it more comical. I was expecting a horror flick or at least a thriller but I got a quite a talky drama comedy.

I wasn’t sure about the acting at first. Neither of them will get an academy award for their contribution but when a few minutes have passed I realize that it’s nothing wrong with the acting at all. It’s all in the part of the style of the movie. It’s supposed to be geeky acted. That’s what I think anyway.

I’m a bit disappointed. Not by the movie itself really, it was entertaining anyway, but with my anticipation of it. I should have realized what kind of movie I was about to watch. Maybe I should have paid more attention to the press material. But on the other hand, I was given a film that I had not expected. That’s one of the most exciting experiences you can have when it comes to watching movies.

I think this flick will have a hard time to succeed. I think you have to be really open minded to ‘get’ the comic approach of it. And if you’re not patient enough you will miss the whole point of it all.

5/10



No comments:

Post a Comment